Donnerstag, 23. August 2012

the trails end



Now Bonnie and Clyde are the Barrow gang

I'm sure you all have read.


how they rob and steal;


and those who squeal,


are usually found dying or dead.


They call them cold-blooded killers

they say they are heartless and mean.


But I say this with pride


that I once knew Clyde,


when he was honest and upright and clean.


But the law fooled around;

kept taking him down,


and locking him up in a cell.


Till he said to me;


"I'll never be free,


so I'll meet a few of them in hell"


The road was so dimly lighted

there were no highway signs to guide.


But they made up their minds;


if all roads were blind,


they wouldn't give up till they died.


Some day they'll go down together

they'll bury them side by side.


To few it'll be grief,

to the law a relief

but it's death for Bonnie and Clyde.


by Bonnie Parker